Thursday, November 13, 2008

Can you say Ms. Super Bargain shopper?

Mattingly got spayed today so to kill some time before we picked her up, Brian and I went to the local Goodwill store to snoop around. I was looking around the kids section at books when I decided to check out the toys. Brian bought Brandon a dump truck there a year or so ago for $1.25 and its one of Brandon's favorite (and noisiest) toys. Anyway, I looked on a shelf and there stood Yoda. He's about 10 inches tall, dressed in his linen cloak, looking cute. I picked him up and he started talking. Are you kidding me? This has Brandon's Christmas/Hanukkah present written all over it. I flipped Yoda over, and he was $3. How can you go wrong? 3 bucks, looks brand new and not played with and did I mention, $3?

So, I've been ebaying for the past hour or so looking for a new North Face coat (I refuse to pay full price for a fleece) and I decided to search for the talking Yoda. This is what I found. Can you even believe it? $700? Granted ours isn't in a box and won't be a real collectors item, but, ummm, about $697 cheaper.

Unbelievable. I love Goodwill. (Amy, you and I should take a Goodwill barhop, minus the bars, and try to find the best deals.)

1 comment:

Shelley said...

You are a fantastic shopper and always find the kids something so appropriate and something they would truly want...and the prices, oh my goodness!