Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our absolutely ugly, perfect, burned up Christmas tree

Brian and I were really bad about getting our Christmas decorations up. You'd think Brian, being Jewish, wouldn't really care, but I think he gets more excited than me. Starting Thanksgiving Day, all he listens to is Christmas music which drives me nuts. And, he's absolutely psychotic about decorating with lights. This year, though, we were running a little late with getting our tree up. We both prefer real trees over artificial. Every time we went out it was either raining or yucky weather. Or, we got to busy or didn't have the truck to haul it home. Thursday, we went to the local tree lot and found the perfect tree. It was almost $40. Since we are working Christmas Day and going to my parents for the weekend it was ridiculous to buy a $40 tree for four days.

Yesterday, Brian texted me while he was out to say he found an artificial tree on super sale in Target for $17. For that price, I was happy. He was happy to find a tree just in time for the kids to decorate it last night.

I worked last night until this afternoon. I got a call from Brian last evening saying, "we just put the tree together. The first thing Brandon said was, 'why does it look like the tree was on fire?'" Yeahhhhh. So, I guess you get what you pay for. He sent a picture to my cell phone once it was all decorated. It's the most pathetic looking tree I ever saw. Now that I see it in person, it's just as pathetic but in a good pathetic way. Now there's a story behind it and a memory....even if it is nicknamed the "burned up tree."

I'll have a picture later.....I can't seem to download it now for some reason.

1 comment:

Christy said...

It doesn't have anything on Charlie Brown's Christmas tree!