Monday, December 15, 2008

Week #1 back on plan...

was a success! Being half on planned worked. I weighed in (at home, no more meetings) at 177.4 pounds. I'm down 2.6 pounds. It is not a huge loss, but its enough to keep me motivated. I'm finding more and more (not all the time, though) to think before I eat. Like, if I eat a half a bagel, instead of just devouring the whole thing without a second thought, I look at the other half and decide if I want it because I'm hungry or because it tastes good. I have turned down half a bagel to an orange, apple or banana on a few occasions this week. At work, I ate what I brought instead of ordering out. It saved plenty of points, and probably a couple of bucks too.

Speaking of bucks, I am so impressed at our holiday shopping this year. We are so below budget its amazing. Brian and I have made our shopping experiences into mini games of how much can we get for nothing. I don't want to sound like everyone gets crappy cheap presents. Its not like that. But, we are doing some good clearance and sale shopping. I used to make of my sister for coming home and showing off what she got on sale, but now I'm like her. Guess its not all bad. Just takes a little longer to shop/search.

We've got a busy week ahead of us. I have to work tomorrow and Brian does on Wednesday. Thursday, I've got the dreaded colonoscopy. That explains why I'm working tomorrow and not Wednesday. Colonoscopy prep......ew. :( I'm not looking forward to it, but I think after its over and I know what it shows, one way or another, it will put my mind at ease.

Oh, and this week I should find out how I did on the Lt.'s exam. I think Brian's more excited than me.

1 comment:

Paul said...

2.6 pounds sounds like a lot to me! Nice going!