Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Another no go.

The miracle drug Amitiza is no miracle for me. After a week of taking the samples, I'm in the same spot I've been for months. (I give the saying "you're full of shit" a whole new meaning!) I just spoke with my doctor and yet again, we are going down a new pathway of treatment.

The doctor now has two new ideas as to what could be wrong. (Where is Dr. House when you need him!?) Of course, I am like my patients that annoy me---the ones that take medicines but don't know why or are getting ready for procedures but have no idea what it's for. Anywho, tomorrow I have to schedule another test (I can't remember the name) where I have to swallow a series of pills, then for the next few days I will have to get xrays to determine where exactly the pills end up. His one theory is my colon don't move which leaves everything to sit. His other theory is that I have an issue with my pelvic wall. I do remember that condition ending with "disease" but of course, I have no idea what it was. I need to take notes when I talk to him. With the pelvic wall issue, he thinks everything makes its way to the poop shoot, but it can't get out because the muscles have gotten weak or aren't working for some reason or there is a new alternate route where everything hangs out for a while.

With this conversation, he started to sound a little more serious or concerned. I don't know if up til this point he thought I was just a scared girl who thinks she's got cancer because Gramma did. But today he sounded like he's being a little more aggressive. He still wants me to get the Lactulose Hydrogen breath test done next week. The doctor said there still could be bacteria in my small intestines that needs to be treated, but even if that's the case, my symptoms are not proportionate to that condition.

Tonight, he called in a prescription for some suppositories and mag citrate (ew) so I can get everything out of me. (Screw a book, I'm going to need to get a flat screen put in my bathroom or something. Although Brian did get me a Nintendo DS for Xmas--wonderful timing!!) Tomorrow, I have to schedule the xray test. The doctor told me if it turns out to be the colon or pelvic issue, "we'll definitely have to get that treated soon....." but tiptoed around what the treatment is. (We'll just test you and then discuss treatment.) I'm sure its not just with a pill. I don't think I'm going to like a surgery where my butt is involved or where I'm not going to eat. I have my priorities you know. :)

And so the never ending saga continues. And with great timing, as usual.

Oh, did I mention my sister's getting married Saturday at 5pm? I hope treatments/testing don't screw those travel plans up.

4 comments:

Christy said...

A Nintendo DC? Is that like a Nintendo DS?? But in Washington? :-)

Sarah said...

Exactly that.

Anonymous said...

YES! a nintendo DS! you're gonna be addicted!

Sarah said...

Already am! And I only have two games. One has game has a bunch of games like you'd find at those bartop arcade machines at a bar. Its a horrible addiction now.