Saturday, December 27, 2008

We are living in a cookie house

I love my sister. She's going to make me fat, but I love her. She made ALL of the cookies my mom used to make when we were little. Even the mint chocolate chip cookies! My new favorites are ricotta cookies. I could drool just thinking about them. But, she made like a gazillion of them. At least a gazillion. Maybe a gazillion and a half. Oh, they were so good. Brian and I pinky swore about three hours ago we're not eating anymore. If my mom forces us to take some home, we'll take them, but freeze them or take them to work where they will be devoured in minutes. We pinky swore and you can't lie on a pinky swear.

Brian and I went to Laura and Blaze's house tonight. It is so relaxing to go there. It's just so comfortable and welcoming and you don't feel obligated to strike up some sort of conversation. It just kinda natural to talk with them. They had quite possibly the biggest residential Christmas tree I've ever seen in their living room. It's like 10 feet wide or something. There always seems to be some sort of drama surrounding their Christmas trees. Like the year they brought the snow and slush covered tree in their old house and snipped the netting or whatever it is that pulls all the branches in....they cut the string and the tree came boinging out spraying snow and slush everywhere. The room the tree was in was covered with water everywhere. Actually, just about anything they do ends up with some sort of entertaining story. I love hearing them.

Laura and I were talking about her family party earlier in the day and how her Aunt lost 40 pounds. She told Laura she lost it by using www.thedailyplate.com. I've used that site before to get some nutritional information, but I never looked into the site overall. Laura said she thinks she's going to look into it and I said I would as well. She has just about all the same complaints about WeightWatchers I do and both are looking for a change to keep us on track. Anyone use it? Have anything to say about it?

No comments: