Monday, December 29, 2008

I love it

I love www.thedailyplate.com . Its wonderful. Very similar to WW, especially the online features, but its from a different perspective. Instead of points, we count calories. Instead of just calories, fat and fiber, we look at everything including sodium and vitamins. It lets me know how many more calories I can eat for the day to stay within my recommeded calories. Sounds dumb, but seeing how many calories I could eat was much more of a scare tactic than points are. It kept me from eating a doughnut this morning. And this afternoon, it caused me to order a large salad with my pizza slice to help fill me. Plus I needed more fiber. It charts everything. The activity list (similar to AP's) is endless. I swear they have everything up to breathing on it.

I think I'll do well on this. It even gave me a "prize" for logging in three days in a row. How nice. I like prizes.

I intentionally did not weigh in this morning, so don't expect to see my weight chart this week. I didn't want to be discouraged by the obvious gain from this weeks cookies. But, I'm well on my way to having a successful week.

Good luck to Laura at round 2 of WW. It takes some willpower, but I know she has it in her.

No comments: