Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sometimes I hate having morals...

Here I am, sipping on cherry flavored Mag Citrate. Not the most horrible thing I've ever drank. Tastes like sweet tarts, actually. But I'm getting frustrated with having to go through all this stuff just to accomplish taking a crap that should happen naturally. Its been 15 days since my last "induced" movement. Sorry, I know this is probably grossing some of you out talking about my GI habits or whatever, but its what is going on in my life right now. And its starting to get old and frustrating. I'm starting to think maybe I should only eat soup. That should fix my problems.

Anyway, to my morals. I don't know how people abuse sick leave. I feel guilty because I called out sick for tomorrow, knowing that once all this stuff kicks in, I'll be incapacitated. I hate calling out sick. I always think they think I'm lying. Even when I had my nose surgery I kept thinking, "I probably could be on light duty," even though I was still worn out and napped every 3 hours. I feel fine now, but, from past experiences, I know this stuff is eventually going to kick in. I don't want it to be while treating a patient in their house. That could turn awkward quickly. My partner replied to my "I called out tomorrow" text with "good, because I would laugh when you shit yourself." I knew there was a reason why I liked him as my partner. So caring. So supportive.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

You have good work ethics and I commend you on that. There are so many people out there today who don't care and abuse their sick time. Up until the day I retired when I called out sick, which was a very rare occurence, I felt that maybe they thought that I wasn't really sick. You never stop being who you are, so look forward to many more years of wondering if they believe you. You have to know they do, but you will always wonder about it.