Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Finally...

A posting by Brian...

So a few "Finallys" have happened in the last couple days.

#1 I finally am officially divorced. I watched the Judge sign the paper on January 27, 2009 at 10:11:03, not that I was paying attention. So after almost 3 years it's done.

#2 Sarah and I wanted to celebrate so we went to Baltimore. We found a Bed and Breakfast a couple blocks north of Little Italy. It was awesome!! First they upgraded our room without telling us. We reserved the Congressional but got the Scholar's Room. We got a discount because it was off season, so A $250 a night room was only $110. Not bad for a room in downtown Baltimore right? Gets even better. You have the option of having breakfast in the room instead of with everyone else. So no awkward small talk with strangers. We ordered our food the night before to be delivered at 9:30am. And me being me, I had to order a carafe of coffee be delivered at 9am, just to say I did. Wouldn't you know my internal alarm clock went off at 9am. Went to the bathroom then opened the door and got my carafe of coffee. Sarah was up so we turned on the TV and I sat in either a very antique chair, or a replica that was probably a little pricey and had my coffee. At 9:32am, a couple minutes late, breakfast was delivered. It was great! We ordered quite a bit to make sure we tasted everything. We figured if we went out to eat, it was probably a $40 breakfast. So factor that in our stay price and we did quite well.

#3 We went to a different restaurant than Amicci's. We always say we would try something new, so we did. We went to Ciao Bella, which is funny because we carried around a coupon for there for there all 2008, but never used it. The dinner and the atmosphere were really good. After that we went to our favorite, Amicci's, and sat in the back lounge and had a few pitchers of Sangria. The back lounge was great because it is set up like a living room. Comfy leather sofas and chairs to sit on. We were the only one's back there, so it was a little romantic.

#4 After our nice trip, Sarah wanted to finish it off with lunch together. She wanted to go somewhere we always wanted to try, but never made. So my choice was Wegman's. I have wanted to go there for years. Everyone says how good it is. They were right. We had fantasic subs, nice cup of coffee, and a few cookies. I was so overwhelmed by everything, the bakery, deli, sushi, asian food buffet, the the grocery store itself. We walked around, only got a few things. We stuck to things we needed not wanted. We will go back though, prices were pretty cheap. Sarah laughs because she grew up with Wegman's, so for her it was no big deal. But I loved it!




So that's it, all in all a fantastic two days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the past 2 days were great for you guys. Yes, you sure did get a bargain and it sounded like a great place for the two of you. You deserved for things to go right and they did.

Amy Anderson said...

Congrats!!