Monday, January 5, 2009

Wedding

Leigh's wedding was very nice. It was simple, laid back, and had no drama. It took place in the foyer of my parents house and was officiated by the mayor of a neighboring town. Only our immediate family was there. The ceremony took about 5-10 minutes and was probably one of the nicest I've ever seen. The mayor's "sermon" or whatever you want to call it was better than any I've heard done by a priest. After the ceremony ended, pictures were taken, but it wasn't overdone. Everyone took a bunch and we're all going to swap them later. A little reception was had for the next few hours. Even that was simple. Everyone brought a little something, so my mom wasn't overwhelmed with cooking or cleaning up.

The best part of the wedding? About halfway through, just about everyone staying at my parents, including Leigh, I think, changed into pajamas. We really had no reason to stay dressed up, plus everyone was getting tired.

I was exhausted. We had a rough few hours prior to leaving for PA. Between Brian and I, we picked up the kids. I was running early, so I decided to wash the truck so we could see out the back window. In that time, Brian called saying Brandon had to go to the doctors because he probably had strep throat. We were trying to leave no later than 11. The wedding was at 5 and it takes 4 hours to get there normally. By the time they were seen at an urgent care center, then waited forever for his prescriptions to be filled at the drug store, we didn't leave til 12:30. I was so super stressed. I'm late for most things, but I knew if I was late for this, I'd probably get in a bit of a spat with the family. It wasn't like we could sneak in the back of the church or something. We got there sooner than we expected. Thankfully there were no police monitoring the highways that day.

Brandon is doing well now. Poor little guy's throat was a swollen mess--I have no idea how he could swallow or really even talk for that matter. The PA agreed and was shocked that he didn't have wheezing or anything, since his airway ended up significantly smaller from the swelling. You could tell his glands were swollen just by looking at him...there was no reason to touch. Because of all the swelling, he had to get a steroid shot in the butt in the office and now is on Prednisone for a few days. Of course he's got an antibiotic as well. You'd never know he was sick, though. He was running around like a maniac. We're always so scared with him....we really don't know what caused him to get so sick over the summer, so we're afraid we're going to have a repeat of that every time he gets sick.

The kids had an absolute blast. They do everytime they go up there. We felt bad because they wanted to stay another day, but everyone has school today. The trip needed to be cut short.

I'll post some pictures up of the wedding once I get them.

No comments: