Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Trying to be organic? maybe?

On the cruise my friend and I spent some time in the spa. We went to this consultation about detoxing and organic foods and whatnot. I gotta say, thinking about some of the crap we put in our bodies kinda grossed me out. I'm still very much up in the air about detoxing. I did end up buying this detox system which goes on for 3 months. #1. Taste like crap. Crap may actually taste better. #2. I'm a skeptic. I don't know enough about detox--I mean the concept make sense, but do I need algea to clean me out and boost my metabolism? I've been reading up on it and some people swear by it while others think its crap. I just don't know....now I'm starting to think its a gimmick to get you to eat healthier.

I am liking the concept of the organic eating. Brian and I shopped at the Common Market the other day and bought some stuff for the house. I'm to the point now that things like WW cakes and 100 calorie packs are starting to gross me out. Its the thought of plastic and preservatives and general yuckiness thats doing it for me. Will it help in the long run? Who knows.

No comments: