Sunday, January 3, 2010

Do-over, starting at 3pm

I didn't have a great night. I've done well with my WW planning, but I'm still tweaking the 24 hour shifts where I'm awake for most of all of it. The normal world eats every few hours then sleeps through the night. I, on the other hand, am awake for all of the hours and try to talk my body out of eating for the last 8 of it and to pretend I'm a "normal" person. That 24 hour shift leads into the beginning of the next day which usually involves exhaustion, some level of stress, and hunger.

This morning was like all others. Only I came home and I told myself (as I was eating) that I was just tired, not hungry and that I should just go straight to be. I binged. I had all kinds of nibbles in my kitchen. Then finally, I went to bed.

I awoke at 3pm frustrated thinking back to my breakfast events. "I probably ate a days worth of points for breakfast," I thought. Then I said outloud, "Screw it. I'm starting over."

What happened between 6pm last night and 3pm today doesn't count. It was a flub up. I lost my balance and a fell a little but I woke up ready to go. I journaled my lunch and will my dinner and I'll be back on track.

For next shift, I'm going to pack peanut butter on raisin bread as a breakfast for the ride home. It will give me something to do while driving and I figure it should fill me up by the time I get to the house. Now, I just have to learn to walk right past the kitchen when I get home. I need a door on the kitchen. With a lock. Maybe 2 or 3 locks.

For tonight.....I may take a stab at Pilates. I hope I don't fall over.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Yep, just have to pick yourself up and start over. Great job being accountable.

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

That has got to be really hard with food planning when you are working 24 hour shifts. I can't imagine. I think your raisin/PB on the way home sounds like a really smart idea - filling, sweet, and keeps you from obsessing about what food is at home!

I hope you have a great beginning to the week!

Diane