Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Me: Week 1

I wish someone told me the feeling I got the night before vacation or Christmas would still exist, only the event would change. Now, instead of getting that "yippee" feeling on the way to Disney, I get it an hour before going to my WeightWatchers meeting. Ugh. I don't remember signing up to get old.

Anyway....SUCCESS! An awesome success, in my book. All my journaling paid off. I don't remember withholding on any food. I ate good food, had a good time with friends, and still lost 3.6 pounds. I knew it walking in. Ok, maybe not the exact amount but I knew I did good.

Who do I have to thank? Dr. "Chubby." Without him, I'd mindlessly eat and nibble. But after his comment last week, the word CHUBBY has popped into my head anytime I went to eat something I should not have and I was able to avert a crisis. To him I'm thankful. Funny, God has plans for everything. I'm going to look at my event positively. Even though I ended up disciplined maybe this is God's way of saying, "girl, this is your year. Get it together." Or maybe its coincidence, but I like the God story better.

1 comment:

Zayther said...

I love your small stories! Good luck for this year. I wish I could add you but I don't know how! Now I will lose your story, well at least you got to know that it was enjoyable.