Friday, January 29, 2010

Healthy life, here I come....

I got some more information about the nutritionist. They tell me I'd meet with them for a 90 minute session and they custom design a nutritional plan for me taking into account my goals, my history, and medical problems that lead to weight gain. Having a nutritionist who is familiar with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome along with the side effects from all of the medicines I'm on would be so very beneficial to me. I was told they come up with meal plans and recipes based on the food I like. They teach ways to make healthy food tasty so I'll actually eat it. They also come up with an exercise program for me to follow. Once I leave there, I will have my whole program set up for me. I don't need to come back, unless I want to or I start to fall off the wagon.

Brian thinks its a good idea, as do I. The first appointment is nearly $300 which is a bit pricey so I'm going to have to wait a few weeks to see her. Gotta love a $400 gas/electric bill...ugh.

I scheduled an appointment with a chiropractor for Tuesday. I'm petrified to go, to be honest. I went one time, about 10 years ago, and I ended up with the most horrible muscle spasm from the adjustment. But, for the past few months, my body has hurt so horribly, I really need to do something about it. I told someone if my body had an age it would probably be 80. My grandmother can move better than me. Its really quite pathetic to see a 29 year old hobbling around like I do when I get out of bed or out of a chair if I've been sitting too long. Brian's always joking with me about it. I never really took into account that my aches could be cause of some of my blah feelings/moments, but I guess it could be. I'm ready to fix it. Thankfully, my insurance will cover it.

I feel confident about these upcoming changes. I think its what I need at this point in my life. I'd love to think about getting a trainer, but again, there's $$ associated with that. I'm already working on reallocating funds...I cancelled WW online yesterday. I'm returning clothes I didn't end up wearing on the cruise. I'm hopeful by the time summer roles around they'd be too big anyway. I'm eating in when I'd rather be eating out. Its going to take some time, but it will all come together.

Now, if I could just figure out if my power company has a budget plan....

3 comments:

Unsettled Mind said...

before you go to the nutritionist, come to my gym on March 20th (i know that's a little ways away, but you said you would have to wait a bit anyhow) and get the BOD POD done. that's the next time he'll be there. it gives you good information that would help determine how to balance your input/output of calories. it's only $45 and takes a few minutes. ever since i had it done on sunday, i've been eating so much more (good stuff) to reach the calorie intake i should have compared to my output and i can already tell it's helping - energy wise and weight wise.

also, you should come down and work out with us on a sunday cause the sunday classes are free to anyone. 1pm, it's in crofton, but we can make a day of it.

Sarah said...

Its Sunday at 12:34 pm, so I don't think I'll be making the Crofton visit, although it would have been fun. I'll put that other date in my calendar.

Unsettled Mind said...

ah, no worries about missing this past sunday...cause it's EVERY sunday at 1pm....