Saturday, January 9, 2010

Did you see that? Its my waist!

We all know "chubby" is my motivator. But, shopping may be my new one.

I got my hair trimmed yesterday and once I left there I walked down to White House Black Market. I've never been before. Too girly. Too overpriced. But, I had nothing to do, so I went in. Overpriced? Holy hell, yeah. At least in my book. There was a clearance rack in the back and I have a cruise to go on next weekend. (Did I mention that yet??) Twenty minutes later, I found myself in a dressing room trying on all sorts of tops. Thirty five minutes later, I walked out with three tops. (All $19.99, thank you very much!! Some I saved more than $70 on!!) Anyway, I felt cute. Maybe its because the dressing room was a little fancier than Ross or TJMaxx. Or maybe.....its because I found my waist.

Yep. I found my waist. Its right where it used to be. It still has a protective roll below it, but at least there isn't one above and below it. Its smaller than my hips, like it used to be. I put a shirt on and shirt was flattering. Then and there, I realized, there will come a point where I will enjoy shopping and I will try to play up my curves. It won't be like it is now where I go shopping and try to find stuff that hides my rolls.

That big mirror in the dressing room got me thinking. I sat down on the red bench realized when I sit down, I don't have that roll that holds up my boobs. (Cute visual, I know.) That extra roll was the one that added to my trouble breathing and uncomfortableness (is that a word?), especially in my uniform pants. Its going away. There will be a point where I will be comfortable. I will be able to breath no matter what. I can wear what I want. There will be a day when my wardrobe will not consist solely of yoga pants and Brian's t-shirts. I might actually be looking forward to that day.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't want to sound like I lose body parts when I only lost 3.6 pounds... :) 220 was my starting weight this go round with WW. Prior to that, I was upwards of 224-225 but was too embarrassed to weigh in. In the big scheme of things, I've lost over 7 pounds so far and I'm starting to lose some inches with stretching and a few workouts.

Bowmanh23 said...

I like White House Black Market too, but they are soooo expensive unless you buy off the clearance rack. You got some great deals! And congrats on finding your waist!

Unsettled Mind said...

totally understand...holllleeerrr for smaller and more comfortable clothes! makes you push to get to the next size down!

Christy said...

You know that is my favorite store. I can't believe you have never went inside? Fabulous, flattering clothes, for everyone. Congrats on ENJOYING your shopping spree. Maybe you can help me spend my Christmas gift cards :-)

Sarah said...

Are you giving me your cards to spend on me??? Oh, how nice. You really shouldn't have.