Friday, January 15, 2010

I've found faith

I gotta say, even though I'm talking a pretty big game about how "good" I'll be on our vacation, I'm a little nervous. I don't want to undo any progress that has already been made when it comes to my weight loss. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through the rough times, but I think that problem has been solved.

This evening I went through my purse and found a gift certificate to a local boutique. I'm not a boutique girl, so the fact that $10 off paper was even in my purse is crazy enough. I had nothing better to do, so I ventured in after supper at Panera Bread. This place is all about Brighton and Vera Bradley. I wandered for a while and then I found this bracelet. Its a cheap thing...silver on an elastic string that says: "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed....nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20." Thats me. Thats what I needed.

Over the past few weeks, I have to say, my religious faith has blossomed. I've seen my friends son go from near death to walking around a hospital and lifting weights. When doctors say its a miracle, the logical me still has problems accepting it, but the spiritual me can accept nothing but it was a miracle. God had some hand in his diagnosis and his continuing recovery.

I've seen what prayers can do. But, at the same time, I know that you have to have faith. I think I'm finally "getting" what my mom has been talking about all these years when she described faith to me. I guess what I'm getting at, is finally, I have a little faith. I have faith in me. I have faith in God. I have faith that I can go on this cruise and be successful. I just need this little bracelet and the attached cute little mustard seed to remind me when I start to falter. I will be okay.

No comments: