Thursday, March 27, 2008

updates

I guess I haven't had a good post in a while. So here are some updates:

THE HOUSE:
Still a work in progress. The kids rooms are done. I keep promising pictures. Again, another promise. I will post them, I swear.

We finally decided on our bedroom design. Ha, I say that like its really a design and I'm important. Really, I found an awesome down comforter and duvet cover on Overstock.com and we love it. We were going for a linen brown look and keep things neutral, but in the light (Brian's screwed up the whole house with fluorescent/Halogen lights) it looks more gold, but nice. We're going with that. At least we have something to work around, even if it wasn't our original plan. We got rid of a big piece of furniture and a cumbersome TV so the room looks so much more open. We're getting a flat screen eventually for the wall and laminate flooring will be going in. One of these days we'll actually start the project.

The basement.....well, we were close to being done. After all that painting, we decided we don't like the color. (Ugh!) So, now I'm off to repaint. We want that room to be cozy since we spend a lot of time down there, especially when the kids are here.

Patio/deck: I've been procrastinating on that for a while. Why? Because I know its going to cost me an arm and a leg. But it needs to get done. Ugh! Sometimes I miss renting....

WORK:
I'm still frustrated with it, but I'm dealing. I'm reading stress management books. Ha. I'm actually going to go talk with someone about dealing with stress. I'm letting stress take over me and I'm not a fan of it. I'm sure there are some other underlying issue(s) so I want to get that all straight so I can be, well, less stressed. Unfortunately, certain things, like work, I can't change, so I have to learn to deal.

WW:
I've been bad. Well, bad at eating. And, bad at weighing in. I haven't weighed in for about a month now. Schedule conflicts, its raining, the cat needs a bath....I've come up with just about every excuse. And the main one: my last weigh in was 166. My bathroom scale says I'm above 170. Now, I'm pretty sure my WI of 166 wasn't accurate. I mean it was, but that is when my stress really kicked in and I was sick on top of that, so that wasn't my normal eating. So, I don't want to WI and hear "you gained x amount of lbs." That's depressing. I don't need depressing.

WORKOUTS:
I'm doing good. Honestly. I even did PT at work two times this week. I'm sure I can work a little harder than I am, but hell, its a lot more than what I've been doing up til now.

WHAT I NEED TO WORK ON:
Stress, eating and motivation. Funny, they go hand in hand. Huh. How about that. You'd think I'd use the upcoming cruise (less than a month!!) as motivation, but not so much. Maybe I'll try to start again today.

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Every day is a new day. You can do it!

boo35 said...

hi sarah!!! i havent been on in so long and i just wanted to touch base. don't beat yourself up just keep moving forward. i look at everything as a learning experience and stress can really mess up a person's body. i am really stressing right now and working out helps level me.... thinking of you and remember you are not alone....
tina :)