Tuesday, March 18, 2008

How ironic

So, after all the "yeah, its St. Patrick's Day, don't drink and drive" stuff I wrote, I ended up at a Mexican restaurant last night. I'm a loser. However, I was looking stylish in my, "I'm not Irish but kiss me anyway" t-shirt. We went to Canton to meet our friend Kathleen, who by the way is very Irish (no accent though, boo!). We started at Mahaffey's, which at one point I think Kathleen may have been part owner, where I realized I don't like beer. I looked like a loser in the fancy Irish bar drinking Coors Light from a bottle as everyone else was drinking stuff that looked similar to mud. I tried Brian's watered down mud and it was gross. I smelled Kathleen's and it made me gag. So I finally tried a shot of something from the tap and it seemed okay so I got a glass. Yep, 2 sips later, that was gross, too. And that ended the Irish night of drinking for me. We decided we wanted food, and they were serving only corned beef and cabbage and food of that sort there, so we decided to walk to the square for something else. We ended up at Nacho Mama's. If you couldn't tell, its got a Mexican theme. We stopped in for drinks, (which I had water w/ lemon) and ended up eating fajitas and crab nachos. How very Irish of us. We were so stuffed afterwards, we had no room for anything. We were home by 930pm, I think.

Today, Brian and I had a good day. We got up, and went to my new favorite place, Ugly Muffin. I had a delightful breakfast. Brian's was just okay, but he's willing to go back. I thought for a moment I found my "thing." Sudoku. I stayed at the restaurant for about an hour working on it and then we went home where I continued to work on it some more. Yep, stressed me out. I refused to put it down though. I swear, I must have worked on it for about 3 hours. The downfall is it was only a level 1, which is supposed to be easy. They lied. Its not easy. I got pretty far in today's crossword puzzle though. Better than usual, but that damn sudoku. Ugh. Maybe I need lessons or something. Sudoku school. I wonder if they charge tuition. All that thinking led to a 2 hour long nap. Gotta love sound machines. In my brain, we were at napping in a hotel at the beach. And tonight with the crickets chirping, its going to be a lovely summers night. Although I currently hate my bedroom, I have to say, the sound machine does make it relaxing.

Brian's working OT tonight. I think my night may consist of ironing and a NCIS. How exciting.

WW Update: Lets just not talk about it. I've been working out still. I just can't get the two things to mesh together. Oh well, I'm finding out working out is worth it if I can still eat yummy food. Although, after Brian got talking about our cruise today, I realized I have to go bathing suit shopping. Not a fan of that. Also not a fan of the cost associated with it. Unfortunately, I'm not the size girl that can get my stuff at Target. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bathing suit suggestion - try Old Navy - I have found some great stuff there for decent prices!

Gonna keep reading and I'll comment more on the next post.....must catch up!