Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm a fat ass.

Plain and simple. I don't recall ever having a day of cravings like I have today. Let me paint you a picture of how bizarre they've been:

1. Kettle potato chips
2. Spinach dip
3. Water chestnuts (who the hell craves water chestnuts? And while on the topic are they a true nut?)
4. Vegetable lo mien & egg rolls
5. PB&J (along with the chips)
6. Bakery bread/roll---crusty outside, soft inside.
7. Jerk chicken

None-- ok, maybe the chips--are my normal cravings. I have no desire for pizza. Not for fries. Nothing for chicken fingers. No craving for anything normal. Water chestnuts? I'm a freak.

I didn't give in to all the cravings. So far its been the potato chips, bread (baggette) and spinach dip (conveniently with slices of water chestnuts.) Oh then there was my lunch which was WW friendly, but the Bojangles for breakfast definitely was not. I definitely had more than I should. But, I'm not giving in to all the other cravings even though I want them.

I really need to get myself back on track. I've not been on plan for about 2 weeks or more. Probably about 3. I haven't weighed in either. According to my bathroom scale I gained about 4-5 pounds. Now, there has been a lot of drama lately---stress that made me stop eating and get sick and now I'm on the rebound from that where I started eating and craving again. I'm a little worried because at 2am I found myself in the kitchen eating Weis Jewish apple cake (I highly recommend, by the way!!) I haven't gotten out of bed to get something to eat in forever. It used to be an every night thing, so it worries me slightly.

I know most of it revolves around stress and not sleeping. I went to the library yesterday and got a bunch of books to read about stress management. I also got the book Marley and Me. First off good book so far. Secondly, it makes me want to get a dog. Its amazing what animals can do. I know a lot of people are anti-pets, but really, no matter how shitty a day I've had, Bastard Cat can always put a smile on my face. I truly believe he is the only thing on this planet that unconditionally loves me.

And with that, I'm going upstairs to read and probably fall asleep. I know its bad to nap at 5pm, but I'm dragging here. Hopefully when I wake up I'll want to burn off some of this spinach dip and do a workout DVD. I gotta do something or my ass really will get fat! (well, fatter.)

No comments: