Sunday, March 2, 2008

Finally, its over.

Finally, there is peace....and quiet. This week is finally over. I'm pretty happy about that for a variety of reasons.

The party went well. There was plenty of good food, if I say so myself. Speaking of which, I'll be ignoring any WW talk. I didn't eat that much but what I did, probably wasn't too good for me. Mom helped me make some food----good ethnic stuff from back home, which is usually lathered in butter. Oh, so delicious. Plus, there was Costco cake. :)

There were lots of people there, from both sides of the family. The kids were very well behaved and I think pretty excited other kids were there to play with. I have to wait for some pictures to be emailed from my dad before I can post them up here. I was so busy with everything else, I forgot about the camera!

The house got almost all done before everyone showed up. The bedrooms were "done" enough for the kids to move in. Its not all decorated, but that will come with time. The kids seemed to really like it. It actually was funny because they used to spend all their time in the basement. Yesterday, we almost had to drag them down there because they wouldn't get out of their rooms. The basement floor turned out nice. I still have a little painting and trim work to do, but it was good enough for our purposes yesterday.
Tomorrow's a new day. Its the start of my new week/month. Hopefully, tomorrow will start a better WW week (but there's so many yummy leftovers....oh, did I mention we went to Miss Shirley's for breakfast this AM w/ Brian's family? Yeah, there is a reason they rave about it whenever they come in to visit.) And hopefully, the rest of my normal life will return to, well, normal. I would love everything to go back to how it was two or three months ago. Seemed stress free back then. Maybe, I just need a vacation.

No comments: