Sunday, March 30, 2008

Things are looking up....

The kids are here this weekend. Its actually been a very fun weekend. Well, mild stress when I took Bella and Taylor to the mall shopping. I don't shop. I hate shopping in fact. So, there I went, dressed in a U of MD sweatshirt, Adidas pants and sneakers trapsing through the mall with prissy girl #1 and #2. Individually they are more of a girl then I ever will be....put them together and I was doomed. We started off at Limited Too so Taylor could spend her birthday gift cards. Holy hell! Either that place is outrageous or I'm really a cheapskate. $30 for a jean skort! That's insane. The girl will only fit into it for six months. Anyway, it was her money, and for a whopping $50 she bought a skort and a tanktop. I could have found much better things to do with $50, but it wasn't me shopping now, was it? After an hour in there we ended up at Macy's so Bella could spend her gift card. She bought herself a very pretty summer dress. I don't know where she's going to wear it because its, well, kinda fancy, but Bella being Bella I'm sure she'll come up with something. During the time we had "girls day" at the mall, Brandon and Brian were at Sears buying tools. How sad is it that I wanted to be in Tool World or whatever its called?

We met the boys at Double T Diner for dinner then came home for movie night to watch Ratatouille (however you spell that). By the way, thought I was going to love that movie. Not so much. Doesn't even run a close second to the Bee Movie. Everyone went to bed and Brian and I spent some quality time together. (Get your minds out of the gutter...not that kinda quality time...just talking time!!! Geez!) I think we're addicted to HGTV because we ended up watching a bunch of that too.

Today we're playing a lot of make-believe. I've just been told I have to go upstairs to the "library" and check out some books. I already went to the "grocery store" in my living room an hour ago. So I better get moving. I promise today or tomorrow I'll post some pictures from their rooms and some of this weekend if I can find any.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is great you three did the shopping thing. I know what it is like taking just Taylor shopping...she thinks she is a model on a runway with everything she tries on. Kudos to you for taking both princesses shopping. I say that very lovingly. I'm sure they had a ball.

Holly said...

I hate shopping too.... it's painful! I'd rather have a full body waxing than go shopping for clothes with not one, but two girlie girls. Job well done though.