Wednesday, January 30, 2008

On my quest to try new things...

I tried a Trader Joe chicken lime burger. Every forum I read raves about them. I'm not going to lie--I was scared to try it. To be honest, it lived in my freezer for months. This afternoon I needed a low point meal....more than a snack, less than a lunch, so I figured I'd be brave. Even after I made it, I stared at it for a long while wondering if I should toss it and opt for PB&J. But I was hungry and needed something low point so I bit into it. Not bad. Not my favorite meal, however it did remind me a little of Red Robin or Ruby Tuesday's turkey burgers. The consistency was a little weird for me, but I ate it all. I had it on 1 point bread, so it was a filling "meal" for 3 points. Now, to decide whats for supper.....

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Hmm, I might have to try that one. Your post cracked me up though because I am exactly like that with new things that I'm skeptical about. I still have some Amy's veggie burgers in my freezer that have been there FOREVER!