Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm not sure what this is going to be about yet...

First off, WW seems to be going well this week. I've been a good girl and journaled everything I've eaten and made some pretty good choices so far. I don't know that I'll get to weigh in this week though due to schedule conflicts, but I'll try. I know my "big girl" work pants aren't snug, so thats a good sign. Maybe this year I'll make it back in my "little girl" pants.

On to a totally random subject....how do you make friends? Sounds stupid, I'm sure. But being an out of towner, who I guess after 10 years isn't so much an out of towner anymore....but how do you make friends? I have a few really close friends in PA that I grew up with, but being they are in PA (and some in RI), I obviously don't get to see them much. I have one or two from work, but of course they live at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours away from me. So, how do you make friends with people locally? I thought moving in my townhouse would maybe make that happen, but it didn't turn out that way. I'd love to have that person you call just because or the one you meet to have a girls day or the one you call when you need them to watch your kids last minute (who knows, maybe Baxter will need an urgent catsitting). I'd like that. But I'm not a really outgoing person. Nor, am I trusting. That puts a damper on the "start a conversation" process. Hell, I even thought I'd get an online friend thru this blog. Not so much. I told you---totally random subject. :)

I've still got this stupid cold. Just when I think its getting better, it smacks me with a new symptom. Today's is coughing. Not bad, nothing productive. Just enough to be annoying when you try to go to sleep.

Speaking of sleep, its 835am and I feel a perfect time to go take a nap. (I just got off work.) Tootles for now.

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

First, it takes a while to get a good readership base and then make friends from it. I've made some great friends from my blog. Granted, none of them are local, but I still consider them friends.

Second, if you find the secret to making real life friends, clue me in. I have no idea.

Sarah said...

I have no idea about real life friends. I'm very jealous of people I that always have someone to hang out with or do things with. Then there's me....Brian and Baxter are my two go to's and Baxter doesn't even talk. Maybe thats why I like him so much! :)