Sunday, January 27, 2008

Girls weekend....and progress has been made!

My best friend, Laura, was here for the weekend. I had so much fun. She showed up Friday just in time for Happy Hour. We hung out at a bar and had some appetizers and drinks until it got uncomfortably smokey in there. (Only a few more days til the state is smoke free!!) Saturday we spent the day shopping which was great. I hate shopping, but it was really nice having someone there to give me their opinion. We finally decided on how to decorate the girls rooms. It involves some sewing on my part, but I think it should work. I need to make duvet covers. I'll show you the finished product, if I can do it successfully. We've vetoed the "fashion" theme and moved on to a beachy/aloha/Hawaiian theme. I think it will look cute. We also decided on paint for the basement and a general layout for down there. I really needed her advice----its now motivated me to get myself working again. Brian's working on Brandon's room today and I think I may start painting the basement a little bit as well.

Only downfall of the weekend...NOT WW friendly whatsoever. I feel a little bit bad because Laura's doing WW as well. I feel like I corrupted her. But I don't really feel bad about me eating the way I did. I didn't exactly overdo it, I just made not so good decisions. But that's okay. I had a blast eating out. And today I'm back on plan. My weigh-in is on Tuesday but I'm working for someone so that will be postponed til Wednesday night, most likely. Hopefully between now and then I'll get down at least .2 lbs just to make myself feel like this is worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The theme for the girl's room sounds so cute. Can't wait to see the progress the next time I'm there.