Sunday, January 27, 2008

Need your help!

I have a mini-problem. I'm bored with food. I love to cook, but I get scared to try new things. I'm the same way at a restaurant. Once I find something I like, I very rarely order anything else.

So here's my problem: to stay "good" on WW, I have to cook. I feel like I cook the same 6 things, although I'm sure I don't. I want to try something new, but I'm scared to try new things because I don't know if I'm going to like them. If I try something new and hate it, it greatly increases the chance I'll binge and be bad. So, do me a favor. Send me some recipes. I guess whoever reads my blog will benefit as well. It doesn't necessarily have to be a WW friendly recipe either. I can adjust stuff to make it a little better points wise or if it sounds really good, I may just have to schedule in a "bad" day every once in a while. But the deal is, it has to be a recipe you really love. I'll think about one or two of my favorite recipes and post them once I figure out what it is.

While we're at it, lets expand this to eating out. WW people, let me know you're favorite meals out. I do flex, not core, so something with points would be easier for me. But like I said, I eat the same things at the same restaurants every time. Ex: Quiznos is the old Sierra Smoked turkey, Subway is turkey, basically any other restaurant I get mildly stressed about ordering. So maybe seeing some of your favorite stuff will give me ideas and broaden my horizon! :) I'm starting to feel like Oprah with her "favorite things!"

Speaking of Oprah, Laura and I were talking about pizza (she has a mild addiction as well) and she told me Oprah did a show where she sent Gayle out to find the best pizza. For all you pizza addicts out there,this may be worth checking out. Who knows, maybe you'll be like me and you'll plan a vacation around good pizza! :)
http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200611/tows_past_20061101_b.jhtml
Laura, Brian and I had Ledo's last night. It made the list!!

6 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

I make the zero point soup a lot (if you need the recipe I can email you). Unfortunately, Carter doesn't seem to like cabbage (or rather, his intestines don't care for it) so I can't eat it again until I'm done breastfeeding. It's really good soup though...Chris practically licked the bowl clean.

Anonymous said...

I want Amy's recipe. Anything that is good and has the word "zero" sounds great to me. Wanted to let you know that I made Grandma's chicken to take to Amy and Chris' tomorrow night. I used chicken tenders instead of breasts and a little bit extra of the apriocot preserves. I forgot to take it out of the oven and it cooked 45 minutes to 1 hour more than it should have. Found the trick to getting the sauce thick....just had to take a little of the top off of some of the pieces that became too dark (I don't like the word burnt), but it tasted good--I think. Maybe you could modify it to fit WW.

Caroline said...

I'm going to comment on all 3 of your recent posts in one. Saves time that way! First, I have several friends who do WW or other stuff to lose weight, and we are usually horrible when we get together and we usually both feel guilty for corrupting the other. But I'm glad you don't feel bad about what you ate and that you didn't overdo anything. Yay for small victories!

Second, yay on the jeans! I keep saying it, but I swear clothing victories can be much better inspiration for me than scale victories. My "skinnier" jeans that I got into recently are great, but still a tiny uncomfortable when I sit down, so that's what I'm waiting for next! And we had trouble adopting our cats, as well. We went through the process to adopt a dog as well, and I swear I think it would be easier to adopt a child. After we FINALLY got the approval to adopt a dog, our landlady vetoed it. Boo for renting!

Third, I LOVE trying new recipes so I have a bunch that are WW friendly. Email me (caroline.elliot@gmail.com) with your email address and I'll email you my favorites. I think they're too long to leave in the comments section. Can't help you with the eating out. I break into a cold sweat whenever I have to eat out. I hate it!

Amy Anderson said...

Nice. We're getting burnt chicken.

Sarah said...

Amy, consider it "blackened." I almost paid good money for blackened chicken at Red Robin today. And you'll get it for free!

Anonymous said...

Ask Amy about the chicken. It didn't taste burnt and she liked it enough to take it for lunch today and have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I forgot she might read your post before I served it to them. Sometimes mistakes turn out o.k.