Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!

I'm starting to feel old! :) Time is flying by. I swear it was only two years ago when everyone was freaking out about Y2K. Anyway, I hope everyone had an enjoyable New Years Eve. I, unfortunately, spent mine working. And I earned my money. We were up all night. But no use in complaining....its over now and today is going to be a nice relaxing day of napping and movie watching. Hairspray and Dreamgirls is on the agenda being as Brian is not here.

On to resolutions....well, I thought I was boycotting them this year. I think they are ridiculous most of the time. I'm going to lose weight, I'm going to the gym, blah, blah, blah. So I figured I would just skip the planning part knowing I wasn't actually going to become faithful in most of the "normal" resolutions. But then I read Mousearoo's blog and she motivated me to do some sort of resolutions. She wrote what she resolved to do last year and then how successful she was this year, along with her updated plans. And they were all reasonable....nothing extreme. They were like mini-goals. I like that idea.

I'm still doing good with my WW, so of course I'll plan on that. And I won't go as far as saying I'll go to the gym, but maybe just increase my exercise a little.

Keep the house a little cleaner---but I have to organize it first, which that process usually ends up making the place messier. Ughh!

A biggee...be a little nicer. I need to sit back and determine whats really worth stressing myself out about. Some stuff I have no control over so instead of freaking out about it, I need to just move on. Anyone who knows me is very well aware when I get stressed, I get mildly evil. So I'm going to work on un-eviling (new word '08?) myself and looking at things more optimistically.

My final resolution is to get more sleep. That goes hand in hand with the evilness too...especially at night at work. My poor partners. In the last few weeks I've really worked on the sleep issue and its amazing how much better your day goes when your not tired.

Oh, one more....drink my stupid water. :(

No comments: