Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Still going strong

I'm still on track today. I'm eating like I should be...

I'm trying out a new chicken Ritz cracker casserole recipe tonight. Its in the oven now so hopefully its good because I'm hungry! Its a little high in points (9 per svg) but I think it just might be worth it. For dessert we've got No Pudge brownies already made.

I tried working out today but I quit. I've been sick for the past three days so a few minutes into it I started coughing and needed a break. I watched the rest of the DVD (does that count?) and definitely want to do the whole thing. Its Jillian Michaels Shred DVD. It looks pretty intense but its only 20 minutes long. I think I can suck it up for 20 minutes. In the DVD she says people on day 5, 6, or 7 should notice a change in their endurance from the first day. I'm curious to see just how true that is.

Tomorrow I'll be working so no Jillian for me, but I think I'll head back on the treadmill like I did last shift. I've got a few more chapters of The Shack to read so I think that will be just the time to do it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i found it VERY true that my endurance increase by day 5 and so did my husband! if you can force yourself to do it daily for 30 days, it's amazing how much better you get. i've been at it for 18 days and definitely see it...

Lindsy said...

I found your blog through my dear friend Melissa's blog. I own the shred and I love it. I love it because it actually manages to kick your butt in 20 minutes which seemed impossible to me prior to trying it. I also like it because who has like 1-2 hours to work out each day - especially if you have a kid - Not me sister! Anyhow - I hope you feel better soon. I read the shack last year and really liked it. What do you think so far? It's an intense read but a good one.

Sarah said...

The Shack definitely gives a new perspective on dealing with life after a trauma as well as views of religion overall. I'm at the point where he just saw Missy through the waterfall, so I'm nearing the end.

I'm going to try to do the shred tonight. Girl, I only did about 6 minutes of it the other day and my legs still hurt so much it was hard to get out of a chair!! I'm looking forward to it. Its just what I need. Obviously the stairs instead of the elevator just isn't doing it for me! :)

Sarah said...

Takinitoff, thanks---thats just what I may have needed to hear. Have you lost lbs/inches while doing it? BTW I think I've tried to comment on your page but it doesn't let me because I'm not part of wordpress?? Any way to get around that?