Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mean ol' witch

I was one of those mean neighbors last night who left their porch light off. No candy for you! Really, no candy for me! If I didn't buy it there was no way for there to be leftovers. The kids weren't here to trick or treat so there could be no possible way for me to nibble on candy if there was none in the house. (Although I did see a whoopie cushion walking down the street and wanted to get my picture taken with it....)

What did I do for the evening? Of course, I had the lights turned off so I hung out in the basement with the cats and did about 45 minutes of Wii Fit plus. I sweat my ass off. My shirt honestly was soaked through. Wii said I only burned 50-some calories, but I call bullshit on that. It doesn't matter...I had a blast. I played tennis and bowled, did ten minutes of step (the more advanced one), tried baseball but didn't like it, then did ten minutes of the free step which I loved. The goal was to complete 800 steps in ten minutes, but I went a little faster and did 997. Brian was working so after I showered I went to the neighbors Halloween party. Any calories I burned were replenished there with some drinks, but the way I see it, I consumed less calories than if I didn't work out at all.

I'm glad I worked out yesterday and I'm doing well today. I put some thought into my lunch this afternoon which I normally don't do. Normally I find whatever is the fastest thing to make because I'm "starving." I scarf it down when I realize that wasn't what I wanted to eat. I snoop (and taste) around for the next ten minutes til I find what I want, make and eat it, only to be so stuffed and uncomfortable ten minutes after that, I'm ready to explode. And, needless to say, I'm upset with myself. Trying to break that trend, I thought before I ate and made a chicken parm sandwich. It was super easy to make with breaded Perdue baked chicken cutlets. That, a little sauce and mozzarella from the fridge, a roll....delicious, filling, and has left me with with no desire to search for something else better to eat.

I've got chicken thawing and I'm on a search for some new WW recipes to try. I find it is so hard to find good recipes. I'll google it, but never seem to come up with any good websites. Oh well. I'll come up with something.

I was reminded at work yesterday our cruise is only 2 1/2 months away. It will be so much fun, but I should really be try to work on some good habits before I get there. If I think Brian is peer pressure on a cruise, wait til I get with 40-50 people!

No comments: