Friday, November 6, 2009

So, I figured it out.

I finally got it. How, over two years, have I gained weight and went off and on WW and haven't really had a lot of progress? Why do I get so frustrated even when I try so hard? Because I have been and still am going at it all wrong. Its not about the food. Well, a little bit is about the food, really its about the activity. I reviewed my blog to see what I've been doing wrong and while typing an email to Laura it finally hit me. I started to gain once I stopped working all the time. I used to work at least two 24 hours shifts a week and two 12 hour shifts, if not more, of overtime. I haven't been eating any differently than I was then. I just was on my feet and doing work all the damn time. Then, add a day or two of some sort of aerobic activity and whammo, there goes some extra calories and pounds at that. Its not the food. Theres a reason why even when I follow WW to a T weight isn't falling off. Its just that I've become a lazy ass.

I guess this probably sounds so obvious. Duh, more activity, less pounds. But I have become SOOOOOOO focused on the WW and food portion of things that the activity part has not really registered.

So, where to go from here? Obviously, I gotta get my butt moving some more. And I don't think I even mean like constant workouts or anything. Maybe its more standing or housework or whatever. Maybe its another job. I don't know but I am happy I finally sat down and really looked at the past two years and how my lifestyle has affected me. Now, the goal is to change it for the better.

No comments: