Monday, November 16, 2009

It could be worse.

I was complaining to Brian about 10 minutes ago that I have to give Remi a bath later today. Then I got this email from my friend Tim, about his black Lab, Porter:

We were walking in the woods and he was off leash. I see his nose go up in the air and I could already smell something funky, but he just went on a bee-line to it from a good 150 yards away. It was way off the trail and he wouldn't listen to me, so i had to make my way through the bush to go get him and see what the hell he was doing. You can imagine my reaction when i got there and saw him rolling around with a skunk carcase. Oh yeah, this was all happening in the pouring rain too, so it was quite the treat. Three baths and a dousing with de-skunking solution later and he still smells a bit. We're going to PA on Friday night, so hopefully the smell fades more because 6 hours in the car with a skunky dog just won't be fun.

No comments: