Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm thankful its over!

Thursday is my weigh in day so I obviously didn't weigh in this week. Picking Thursday as a weigh in day ended up being a nice buffer! By next Thursday, Thanksgiving remnants should be gone and I should be back on track! I'm on track already. My MIL made a very good WW Thanksgiving dinner last night. I think we all enjoyed, except my FIL. He liked the turkey and asparagus. I think he was waiting for his non-WW meal to show up at any minute while we were eating the healthy stuff! LOL. It was funny. I ate things I never would have normally like squash soup. At first I didn't like it but it was weird...the more spoonfuls I had, the more I wanted. I even went up for seconds! Maybe knowing it was zero points helped. The asparagus was super delicious and I was a fan of the mashed potatoes. Mixed into the potatoes was cauliflower and cheese. I'm a huge cauliflower fan so I really enjoyed it. I think we all mutually decided the stuffing recipe could use a little tweaking but it was nothing my MIL did wrong. The recipe called for LOTS of sage so the taste was quite strong. But, like I told her, WW recipes are hit or miss. Some are absolutely delicious and others taste like diet food. By reading the recipe its really hard to tell how it will be til its made. For dessert we had angel food cake with strawberry puree and FF Cool Whip which was delicious. We're a pretty big chocolate chip cookie family so she made WW chocolate chip cookies which were delicious. They were 1 point for 2. Granted they were small, but they were tasty.

How'd it go at my parents house for Thanksgiving? I'd rather not talk about it. :) I ate lots of veggies, even squash and rutabegga, which I don't even like, but I did dabble a little into my Nana's pork dressing. Oh well. That day is done and over with. No sense in dwelling on it now.

My mom made cranberry apple muffins and they were so super delicious, I'm honestly salivating now wishing I could have one. They're small, but wonderful. And only 2 points--I put it through the recipe builder.


Apple Cranberry Muffins


main meals
POINTS® Value: 2
Servings: 12

Preparation Time: 0 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Course: main meals

Ingredients
1 cup(s) whole wheat flour
1/2 cup(s) Quaker Oats Quick Oats Cereal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 cup egg beaters
3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup Country Crock margarine with calcium, melted
3/4 cup(s) apples, diced
3/4 cup(s) cranberries


Instructions

Heat oven to 350. Grease muffin cups or use foil cups. Mix flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add egg beater and sugar together and whisk until smooth. Whisk in margarine and vanilla. Stir in apples and cranberries. Pour over dry ingredients. Fold in just until dry ingredients are moistened. Scoop batter into muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and firm to the touch. Let cool on cooling rack.

No comments: