Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I actually did it.

I went to the gym. I was just OK with losing two pounds over two weeks. I have mixed feelings about it, you know? Like instead of being happy at some progress I think, "well, I could have peed that out." But then I saw on Amy's facebook page that she lost another 1.something pounds to bring her to three pounds total loss. That got me thinking I really should be happy with two pounds and strive for more. Little losses add up, right? What I need to do is go to the gym and use it as a catalyst for my goal.

I was in my workout clothes and ready to go, or so I thought. All day long I put off the gym by finding something more important to do. (There may be an important Facebook update I can't miss!! lol. j/k) Then 5:30pm came along. Once a month we meet the neighbors that live on either side of our house at a local bar for dinner, drinks and pool and we leave at 5:30. I guess I felt guilty for not going to the gym because when Brian was getting ready to leave I heard myself say, "I'll meet you there, I'm going to the gym." I gotta say, it even shocked the shit out of me. I packed my bag and off I went. I did 10 minutes on this elliptical machine that I'm not sure is even an elliptical and 50 minutes lifting. I was happy I went. I felt good and it really let me burn off some lingering frustrations I've been letting get to me. So good, in fact, if I didn't have some place to be I probably would have done some more cardio after lifting.

There was one problem, however. One small embarrassing problem. I split my pants at some point during the workout. Luckily, I guess, it was along the seam of my upper leg so it wasn't a complete crotch or butt blowout but enough that I had to keep my leg covered with a towel and I had to skip the hip abduction/adduction all together for obvious reasons. I'm just glad I know no one there yet.

No comments: