Wednesday, April 2, 2008

So, I was thinking....

about going to weigh in today. I woke up with all sorts of motivation today. I'm thinking this counseling thing might just work. Maybe its all in my head (huh, the irony there...) but after talking to Bob, the last two days have been much better. I tolerated work yesterday. I didn't really even hate it. I didn't let the stress get to me. I just took care of my patients and I even had a student ride along with me and I didn't want to choke him when he was doing something wrong. Granted, it did work in his favor that he didn't give me puppy dog eyes and make me feel like crap when I told him he wasn't doing something right. But, I digress....

It probably also helped that for the first time in I think 8 months, I didn't have a call after midnight. In our fire department, that's a big deal. We measure how bad a shift was by the number of calls we run after midnight. For me, lately, its been an average of three to four calls a night. What does that mean? No sleep for me. So, although it wasn't exactly refreshing sleep last night, it was sleep nonetheless. That leads me to today. I'm mild to moderately motivated. I'm still on my way to taking a nap, but I'm going to get stuff done today. I'm even going to cook supper, which hasn't really happened here on a regular basis lately. And, its been a week, so I guess I better workout again.

I know the scale will be up from last weigh in, but I guess just going to WI is half the battle. Hell, I got a cruise to get ready for!! No extra pounds between now and then....I'll find the extra pounds at a buffet table in the middle of the ocean! :) 17 more days.......

No comments: