Wednesday, April 30, 2008

An overdue late night tired at work post.

Haven't had on of these in a while....a 5am Sarah's still awake at work post. I'm going to try to be more positive today. Usually when I'm tired I vent, but I don't feel like it. So my post is going to be about weird stuff. Well, maybe its not weird to you, but it is to me. Like getting older. Weird. This year will be my 10 year reunion from high school. I'll be 28. But, I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm still 18. Not because I'm so in shape or because I'm young at heart, but because sometimes I feel like I just never grew up. I remember thinking people were "so old" when they graduated high school in another generation. Yeah, now I'm that person.

I just did a little myspace stalking (yes, I'm one of those people, but I only stalk my "friends") and found that a guy I used to sort of date in high school is now married and expecting a baby. Same goes for a few other people I graduated with. I don't know why I feel like we're not grown up enough for that yet. However, I don't know what my problem is because this is coming from the girl who married at 21 or 22 and is divorced and in another serious relationship with 3 kids. But its okay for me. Just weird for anyone else to do anything grown up. Sometimes I really miss high school. If I could go back to stressing about the things I used to stress about my life would be ... well, a lot less stressful. And I'd do things differently like get my papers written long before they were ever due instead of starting them at 10pm the night before. And I'd go to bed before 2am. I'd still play basketball as much as I did, but I would never stop. If someone from the future could have sent me a picture of my fat ass now (before everyone starts commenting, I mean that in a loving sarcastic way) I never would have stopped running around.

On a completely different subject, even though I really don't want to be here, I had a good day at work. I had a cool call. It made me feel like Meredith on Gray's Anatomy (which, by the way, I have a slight addiction to--Gray's, not Meredith.) Plus I got the neurosurgeon (ironic in my Gray's analogy--can you say McDreamy---except he was very un-McDreamy like) to let me go into surgery. Ok, so I don't think he really was going to let me into brain surgery but my smart ass self got a brain surgeon to laugh and tell me I could scrub into brain surgery so I was pretty happy. Stupid, I know, but its the little things that get me thru 24 hours. But that event only lasted about an hour and then I went back to my boring day of work. Public service announcement of the day: If you're diabetic, please check your blood sugar. It seems that everyone I took to the hospital yesterday and today had a blood sugar of over 500 which isn't good. Not a single one of them called for diabetic problems. And with that, the PSA is over. Thanks for listening.

Alright. So I think I've run out of things to write. Thanks for bearing with my boring post for the day but like I said I'm tired at work. But on the bright side it was a pretty upbeat post.

Oh, another exciting achievement: I think I'm getting over my fear of roaches. Yeppers, exciting isn't it? I used to freak out when I went into a house with them, but I did very well today treating my man with bugs on him. I just did the "roach stomp" outside to make sure none climbed up my pantlegs and I was good to go. Sometimes I wonder why I do this job. :)

3 comments:

Brian said...

Grey's Anatomy, not Gray's.

Love you

Sarah said...

Whatever dude. You're just jealous I found a neurosurgeon McDreamy. Sort of.

The Price's Wife said...

Funny, I'd change all the same things from highschool.