Monday, April 7, 2008

Busy like a bee

Busy week ahead of me...busy, busy like a bee. First I have a million days of work. Ugh. I don't like it. I do, but I just don't want to go this week. I have so much other stuff to do. It always seems to work out that way. Tuesday, ladies and gents, Sarah's hitting the stores. Yeppers, I'm going clothes shopping, so beware if you're in the greater Baltimore/White Marsh area, you may want to steer clear. It shouldn't be too bad. At least I hope not. I just need a few staple summery items for the cruise. Primarily shirts/tanks which luckily I don't mind shopping for. I still have some shorts from last year and I could maybe use some capris. I got lucky and found two bathing suits that fit (well, Brian says they do. I look at it and still think "fat ass") from Victoria's Secret. (I definitely have to work on my seductive/sultry stance so I will look the same as the model. Ha!) I'm pretty much anti-bathing suit but swimming in sweats is kind of a hassle. So I was pretty happy to find that these are extremely comfortable, keeps everything very much covered in the boob/butt department and best of all, they were on sale. Now, my only "might be a pain in the butt" search is for a cover-up. I never had one before. I always wore gym shorts and tanks. But in my quest to be a little more girly, I'm going to try a cover up.

We have a deck guy coming tomorrow to give us a plan and estimate for our patio/deck area. Its a disaster now and needs to get fixed. Its really a safety issue, as well as cosmetic/convenience issues. Hopefully it will be something reasonable. Hopefully.

I'm still working on a plan for the bedroom. We bought this linen colored duvet cover and have cherry furniture. That's all I've got. Brian's building something so the flat screen TV we don't yet have will be flush with the wall. We also decided on insulated drapes so we can lose the blinds we have and hopefully conserve some energy up there. Any suggestions on drapes/paint color? I looked on Behr.com and saw some faux finishes I liked, like ragging I think it was. But, I'm nervous about that. I've never faux finished anything but furniture and that was just crackle paint.

OK, that's all for my boring post of the day. I'm off to bed. Nighty-night.

No comments: