Friday, April 18, 2008

Nothing to tell.

So, its been a while. But I really have nothing to write. I've led a pretty uneventful life lately these days. I worked lots last week, got stuff ready for the cruise and now Brian's family is in town, so we've been visiting with them. Our niece, Sydney, slept over last night. I swear she's 5 going on 40. She really does have one of the most unique personalities I've ever encountered. And, I thought I made some faces....this girl's got me beat hands down. God bless her parents when she's a teen.

We made plans to visit them in Arizona. We're supposedly doing a day trip to San Diego to go to Lego Land. I'm not a Lego freak so, although I'm not opposed to going to the park (I think it will be neat), I'm much more excited to go to San Diego, overall. That's the only trip I was ever on that I didn't want to come home from.

I have no idea if I'm ready for the cruise, packing wise. I've got so much to do and not a lot of time. I guess today's going to be the day to figure that all out. As for WW....we're just not going to talk about it. Bad. No counting, no real attempt actually. But for some reason I'm okay with it. I don't know why. Clothes still fit, so I'm okay. I worked out yesterday, which was a change. I did 30 minutes of cardio at the training academy at work. I have intentions of doing something today, even if its just running around with the kids. And Brian and I are going to workout on the cruise. I actually believe that may happen. Maybe all I need is the view of the ocean to get me moving. Going to be hard pressed to find a gym with that great a view. Seriously, we're on a mission to find a "good" gym. We both belong to Bally's in White Marsh, and to be honest, I absolutely hate it. I hate everything about it. The smell, the view, the people, the crowds, everything. I can't imagine why I don't want to go there. I'm looking for something much better and I'm even willing to drive a little ways to get to it. When I went to Univ of Maryland, I was at their Rec Center everyday. I loved it. Now, I run calls at the Sports and Learning Complex adjacent to Redskins Field/FexEd Stadium....if I lived closer, I'd be a member there in a heartbeat. So, that's my new mission when we get back. Find a gym. I think its going to be ironic if we get into the workout mind frame from going on a vacation.

Unless something interesting happens today, I'm sure this will be my last post til I return from the cruise. I'm sure I'll have stories to tell! :)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I hope you're having a FABULOUS time on your cruise and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!