Sunday, April 27, 2008

Getting back on track

I weighed in yesterday and it wasn't pretty. Up about 6 lbs since last weigh in which was earlier this month. Boo :( But on the bright side I've been pretty much on plan yesterday and so far today. I've decided I need to adjust the plan a little....I can't do the 35 extra points. Don't get me wrong, I NEED them, however I can't trust myself to have 35 extra points floating around. They are too easy for me to use and abuse. So, I've decided to use 5 extra points a day. Well, not everyday, but use a range per day like the old program (when I lost weight the first time around) had. Now, instead of eating 23 points a day, I'll use 23-28 a day.

I did well yesterday. I'm starting to go back to stuff I did years ago....diet iced tea, fruit as snacks, popped at bag of 94% FF popcorn and put it in a freezer bag to carry around all day... my biggest feat of the day: in an extremely stressful moment I didn't eat. The moment seemed to drag on much longer but instead of eating it away, I confronted the issue head on and dealt with it that way. I still wanted a snack, but opted out. I did wake up in the middle of the night, I swear STARVING. I drank two glasses of water and had a 1 point oatmeal bar from WW and went back to bed. In the past that could easily be a 15 point event.

Speaking of food, if you haven't tried them, get Egg Beaters with a little yolk. Its 2 points for 1/2 cup (2 egg equivalent) of the stuff. Its great. So much more flavorful than normal Egg Beaters, but still much healthier than regular eggs. Also, I picked up sweet and salty bars (or whatever they're called) for 2 points and oatmeal 1 point bars at my meeting yesterday. They are good. I just wish they weren't so expensive!

I never made it to the gym, however, I did play a little basketball (OK it was really dribbling around) and monkey in the middle with the kids. Later, Brian and I went to a local nursery and had someone design a landscape scheme for the front of the house. When we got home we planted everything--it looks great. Just what the house needed. Brian's at Lowe's now getting some paint for the bedroom. Hopefully that project will get started soon.

My newest goal: get the scrub pants I'm wearing to feel loose (too big) again.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

It sounds like you're doing great. And I am with you on the range of points. When I exercise a lot, I have to use my points that way. I typically use 2-3 of my flex points per day, and then still gives me about 10 or so if I need them all at one time or for a special treat. You're doing what you know you need to do to tackle this and not eating in a really stressful situation is a big NSV, so congrats! That 6 lbs is going to be gone before you know it.