Tuesday, December 18, 2007

WW and blogging

I wasn't sure just how much I'd like this blogging thing. But the more I post and read others posts, it reminds me very much of the emails I type, or try to type, daily to my friends Tim and Laura. They're like mini-vents with a twist of humor. I finally found the search portion of the blogger and came across so many people like me. Not saying I'm going to turn into one of these people who are addicted to online friends and all, but there are people who have the same struggles like me. Especially with the WW stuff, which, lets be serious was the reason I started this whole blog thing to begin with.

I found one, Diet Coke and Zingers, by chance today, and her blog made me do something I didn't want to do today. I'm going to weigh in at WW tonight, even though I 100% talked myself out of going. I didn't want to go because last week I didn't weigh in since I was at work. This week, well, I was unaccountable for everything that went in my mouth. So I'm pretty confident the scales going up. And hearing that you gained, at a weight loss center, is like getting kicked in the gut and saying you failed miserably. I don't really like that feeling much, so its easier to find an excuse not to go and avoid it all together. But I read her post about a binge with cinnamon rolls, which I've had a very similar run in with lately (my new found love of Cinnabon). Long story short....she's going to WI even though the scale might go up. I realize I should do the same. Thats the only way this process is going to work. I was spoiled the first time I lost 70+ pounds. I never had a WI where I gained. Not so much this time around. But anyway, thanks to this new blogging hobby, I have found some new motivators (fellow bloggers). I'm hoping its going to keep me on track, remind me I'm human and falling off the wagon every once in a while isn't the end of the world. Its just a bump in the road and everyone does it.

Now, Cinnabon has to help by creating a fat free, lo-cal, but equally yummy cinnamon roll!! (Stop it! I can hear you laughing!!)

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Um, hi, I'm addicted to my online friends. Don't judge me. :-P

marie said...

Blogging and WW is a GREAT way to stay accountable :)...and let off steam :P