Sunday, December 23, 2007

High school, cont'd....

When I was younger, I couldn't wait to grow up. I couldn't wait to move away and find new friends that didn't frustrate me or didn't fight about petty stuff. I couldn't wait til the gossiping was over or the "look what she's wearing" or the rumors were history. But the more I live life, I realize life is just one big "high school."

The gossip doesn't change. The rumors get worse. The petty fights get pettier. And as I've encountered, the "I'm not going to talk to you, and I'm not going to tell you why" is still in existence.

My first encounter with this was in 4th grade. After a few weeks, I eventually found out my friend wasn't talking to me because I got new glasses and I guess she was jealous. Almost 18 years later and the same thing is happening. I pretty sure this individual isn't upset over my glasses. I have honestly no idea what the issue is. I can come up with nothing. And to be honest, even though I'm writing about it, I'm not even upset. I told someone there are two different kind of "not talkings"---there's the one where you know you just got busted saying something you shouldn't have said or you just got caught doing something. Then there's the "I can think of nothing" which is where I fall in this scenario. Now, granted, I'm very curious, and I will eventually approach this person face to face. But for now, it amazes me that grown adults will go to extremes of "I don't want to talk/work with her" yet never be man enough to tell me the issue. And worse than that, they continue to be "fake friendly" to my face.

Like I said, its like one big high school.

On a side note, Xmas is in 2 days and I'm not sure I'm ready!! I am leaving work at 11pm tonight and hopefully will get something, I'm not sure what, accomplished tonight. I have a bunch of running around to do tomorrow before we leave for PA. I'm supposed to be making a list of things I need to do and pack. But, I'll I've done so far is type a post. And I've just decided I'm hungry. Any suggestions?

No comments: