Friday, December 28, 2007

I don't like WW.

I do. I lied. I don't like that I don't have the will power I had before. And when I say before, I mean about 6 years ago before. Granted, 6 years ago, I was about 240 lbs. And by the "point quiz" I'd be able to eat about 30 points and still lose. (Makes you wonder just how many "points" I ate before to gain. Ughh!) Now, hanging out around 170, I can only eat 23-24 points a day. Its amazing how much 6-7 points can affect your daily intake. I think the problem is my mind hasn't realized its not 240 anymore, even after all these years. Weight fell off by eating 31 points a day. Now 31 points a day, while still delicious isn't making the scale go down. So those few extra cookies (and I use few, very loosely) I had over the past few days.....yeppers, went straight to my behind.


But no fear, I'm back to being a good girl. I walked right past a plate of cookies and had a bowl of yummy raisin nut bran. I can't lie. I wasn't all good today. At 4 or 5 am, I had pancakes, eggs and sausage for breakfast. I'm telling you my work schedule (and working with a bunch of good cooking hungry firemen) doesn't exactly help WW. Although I'm sure that yummy deliciousness put me over points today, I feel okay about it, because I ate definitely less than I normally would. And tonight, Brian offered to take me to one of my favorite places to eat. Now, I'm still contemplating that offer, however, knowing its not exactly WW friendly, I'm starting to lean towards a trip to the grocery store and making something myself. Just trying to decide what that is the hard part.

My best friend Laura is starting back on the program---today she did 2 miles on the treadmill and I am very happy for her. We both like to talk about all the stuff we're going to do, so when we finally do it, its a big feat. Hopefully she'll continue with it....I know she wants to lose some weight for some personal reasons. And I like when she's on program, because it helps me out a lot too.


OK, enough WW talk. On to bigger and better topics. This past week has been crazy, as I'm sure it has been for everyone else. I had my hell weekend at work (lay mans terms: way too many work hours in a little bit of time), surprise parties, traveling to PA and back---it was hectic but very nice. Brian's stepsister (Cortney) hosted a surprise party for her dad, also named Brian, last Saturday. I wasn't home from work yet so I missed the surprise, but I hear it was a success. I showed up in time to play trucks with the 2 year old (which I initiated...it was fun). Sunday I worked (again) and Monday we trekked north to my hometown in PA for the holiday. This trip, Brian and I opted to stay at the Hilton in Scranton (highly recommended and very reasonably priced---but then again, Scranton's not exactly the vacation center of the world). Best decision we've made in a long time.... It was like a vacation. Much needed, I might add. We met my parents at a family friends home for a Christmas Eve party. Brian was in heaven with all the food there. There was the normal dippy appetizers, but then tons of Northeast PA ethnic favorites. Pot luck parties are the best. (And I wonder why I hate WW!) Christmas Day I dragged Brian to church. I think I would have been better off taking a 4 year old there. After that, we met my family at my parents for presents and dinner. Before heading back to the hotel, we stopped at Laura & Blaze's house. Visiting there makes me want to decorate my house nicer. (It at least motivated me to clean it---big housecleaning day is tomorrow if anyone wants to come and help!!) The 26th we came back to Maryland, lounged around and our life returned to "normal" yesterday with a 24 hr shift at work.

I'll try to post some pics from the surprise party and Xmas once I figure out where my camera is.

No comments: