Thursday, December 13, 2007

A little bit about a lot.

My WW update.....yeah, well, week 2 went as usual. Crappy. Actually, I don't know that for sure. I worked Tuesday, my weigh-in day, so I didn't get to weigh in this week. I have no idea if I gained or lost. But I do know I ate LOTS of pizza this week. Way more than I ever should have. Then Tuesday I got to work with my lunch bag pack intent on doing well and that went to hell quickly. At lunchtime we got put on this call that took an hour and after sitting there forever, I was way past hungry. Our medical director was on the medic unit doing a ride-along with us and offered to buy lunch from this fabulous hole in the wall Italian deli. I couldn't turn it down! So, in a way I'm glad I didn't weigh in because I'd probably be upset. But on the flip side, I've been very diligent on doing my workout DVDs. I'm hoping that makes up for the extra pizza! :) I'm back to cooking this week instead of eating out so much, so things look like they're getting back on track. We'll see how if my efforts work, next Tuesday. I have to keep doing those workout DVDs---the only problem is I got sick last night with an earache and sore throat. I'm feeling a little better today---just some congestion and a twinge of a scratchy throat, but I'm hoping it doesn't escalate to much more than that. Once I get sick and miss 2 days of a workout, it takes about 2 months for me to get back into it. (Not because I'm sick that long...because I'm lazy.)

Other than that, things have been quiet. Brian and I are slowly, but surely doing projects on the house. After living here for a year, I've started to figure out what things work and what do not. My kitchen needed some rearranging (inside cabinets) for practicality reasons, and I've finally figured out a layout for the pantry/coat closet on the first floor that will work. My bedroom is starting to finally get an upgrade---some furniture will be moving out, nice closet organizers will be going in, and wooden blinds are already purchased for installation. The basement needs a little work---organizing Brian's workshop stuff---initially I offered the unfinished part of the basement as storage for his stuff but it looks like he's not going anywhere, so its time to organize it and make it livable. The finished part of the basement needs a little work---paint and reorganization (organization is the theme today). The major project will be a deck. My patio is pretty much unsafe at this point---the slate tile is very uneven. So, the plan is to put a low deck on----I'm hoping I can find someone fairly cheap for this project. I had a company come out last summer and they quoted me some ungodly high price. Little by little we'll get these projects done. I'm hoping it doesn't drain my pocketbook---I know some projects will be pricey, but others we can do which saves a lot.

I'm actually interviewing tomorrow for a part-time/as needed medic position at Oak Crest Village by my house. Its the same corporation that Brian works for, but much closer to my house. I don't really want to get another job, but I do like having some extra money come in every once in a while. Although the OT at PG is nice, sometimes its just not worth the drive and hassle of working down there.

No comments: