Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Friday

My best friend's sister is having a last minute wedding on Friday night. (Long story as to why, not getting into it here...) I was invited to come and whole-heartedly want to. However, Brian can't come with as he will be working. I thought my parents were going to be out of town on a business trip to San Antonio, but I've since found out they return Friday. I was hoping to stay at their house since no one was going to be there.

Here inlies the issue: If I go home and stay there, I'm going to HATE every minute of it and I won't have anyone to bounce things off of since Brian won't be with me.

If I stay at Laura's house I'll hear a bunch of crap about how I stayed there and not at my parents.

I could do a hotel and my family would be none the wiser. No one knows she's getting married. I just haven't done this before so even though its awkward for me if I were to stay at my parents or Laura's, its just as awkward to stay at a hotel. The only problem then is that we're trying to save some money -- which driving to and from PA and getting a hotel kind of defeats.

I'm half ready to just send my regards, but I don't want to live my life avoiding my family either. Its just the first time I've had to deal with this since voicing my opinions to everyone.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have to make adult decisions.

No comments: