Thursday, July 22, 2010

Are You Ready to Work?

Counseling is getting harder. I thought it would get easier as time went on, but in fact, the complete opposite is true. I guess the first few sessions were just informational with a few suggestions thrown in. Maybe today was different because Brian was there. I don't know what it is but I know half way through I wanted to walk out--not because I didn't want to be there but because it got uncomfortable. I'm all about working out my problems. I want to go forward with Zoe's suggestions but its hard to undo everything you've done for a lifetime. At times it seems impossible to change but I really think the truth is it is possible change. An individual has to has to want to do it and work at it.

Zoe's a bit different than other counselor I've been to. She has a very nice way to be blunt. She doesn't sugar coat anything. She sees things for face value and not through rose colored glasses. She was pretty straightforward. We, as a couple and as individuals, know exactly what we need to improve any situation. Its up to us to make the decision if we are willing to do the hard work needed to meet that goal and then achieve it. I think that is probably a true statement towards most everything in life.

I made the decision to do some work.

No comments: