Monday, July 27, 2009

Yeah for Pop!!

Pop's home already!! Sounds like he's doing well. Latest email from my dad:

Dad was discharged today around 2 pm. He is home resting comfortably, but chomping at the bit to get moving. Prior to discharge a dietician came in and spent time with him. The bigger issue we will have is sticking to a diet, not so much for the heart, but sugar. They were more concerned about that. Much of what she cover I was familiar with so for the time being, he has to chart all his meals and do sugar readings 4x a day to see where he really is. In our discussion he was honest about testing, his junk food, donuts, etc. Much of what was covered Linda can reinforce or explain. I really don’t think there has to be a radical life style change. Same for the cardiac stuff, no salt, watch the red meat, etc., exercise, etc. He's ok to walk ¼ mile 2x a day – so over Hudson Street if ok…. Other than that, he has a follow up I think on August 10 with the surgeon and has to get a chest x-ray before the visit there.

I missed it…. I went for the car, but the nurse came in and were hugging him and were crying and BILL CRIED! A Polaroid moment and I missed it. I will continue to monitor his progress. I even made a deal with him that I would follow his diet as a buddy…. and it will do me good too.
Thanks for all your concern and help through this. I am glad it turned out well.

No comments: