Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Something to complain about

Its hard to be good at work. 24 hours of being stressed and tired and all I want is a snack. I thought I was doing good yesterday by getting an eggbeater omelet with low fat cheddar and onions. That was until I got back to the firehouse and there were potatoes and a biscuit snuck in the container as well. Ugh. Yeah, I ate them, even though I shoulda tossed them when I found them. For lunch I got tuna from Subway....on purpose. Its higher in points but it usually keeps me full longer. But 8 or 9pm rolled around and we needed something quick so we ended up at a pizza place where I had two slices before going on another call. I was good after that though. No snacking. I guess I'm proud of myself for not giving into snacking and for putting some thought, albeit probably not good, into what I was going to eat. And, I only had two slices of pizza even though I'm capable (and usually endulge in) more than two. Today I sort of combined my breakfast and lunch knowing I would sleep through lunch. Supper....its supposed to be at home, which is fine, but Bella wants to go to a carnival tonight. I'm sure there will be no temptation there, especially when there is an article in the local paper all about how good the fries are there. Yeah, right. I guess if WW was easy no one would have anything to complain about to their friends.

1 comment:

jo said...

In a perfect world we would have 100% access to our kitchen. It is SO hard to do this when society isn't focused on health.

I can't imagine the stress of your job to begin with. I am in awe of what you do. I would have no solutions or recommendations if I were in your shoes, but I'm a basket case in medical emergencies.