Monday, August 18, 2008

The weekend

I don't think I'll be weighing in this week, as I work tomorrow. I'm not sure I want to anyway. I had a not so good week. Not like I ate everything in site, but a day or two into it I stopped counting points. My uniform pants are still loose, so I've got that going for me, but I just lost track of journaling. I started again today so everything should be fine. I have to figure out what we're doing for supper today. I need some leftovers for lunch tomorrow at work.

We had a nice weekend. The three kids came over and we spent Saturday at the pool. Its amazing how good of a swimmer Bella has become. She swam underwater the entire width of the pool. I tricked her. I told her to swim to me right before she went underwater. When she started I was standing in the middle. I kept backing up til I was against the opposite wall. When she finally caught me she was so excited to see that she made it all the way across. I was very happy for her. She sometimes gets pushed aside by Brandon's milestones, but this time she did something before he did. You could see just how happy she was. All she wanted to do for the rest of the day was swim back and forth with me. Brian helped Brandon with his swimming. You could tell he was jealous Bella was doing better. Its all part of growing up. He's just used to being the one that does everything before her which leads to him usually being better than her. Taylor, being the little guppy she is, just kept trying to swim between between my legs, as well as Brian's, and trying to flip us over. Oh, and we had our pizza lunch there too. I remembered to put the pizza in the car instead of on it this time. After the pool, the kids found their friend Kylee from next door and they were in and out of the house for an hour. We are actually happy they found her. Its nice having friends around for them. Most of the summer, the girls next door have been staying at their grandparents, so the kids haven't had their friends to play with. My friend Missy came for dinner, as well. It was nice to catch up and to spend a few hours with her. We really should do it more often. By the end of the night the kids were exhausted. We were happy. The girls slept in til 9am on Sunday. We should run them ragged every time we have them just for that purpose!!

Sunday, Brian wanted to go on a family hike and go to the library. Honestly, I didn't feel like a hike. Not because I didn't want to walk, but because I've already been destroyed by bug bites and I didn't feel like getting more in the woods. Brian mentioned Brandon didn't want to go either, so we decided we'd split the kids up. Brian owed the girls a "daddy/daughter" day which meant it was Brandon's turn to go out with me. Brian and the girls went on their hike and to Friendly's for lunch. I'm not sure if they ever made it to the library. Brandon and I went to Putt-Putt Fun Center to play mini-golf and hang out in the arcade. Well, that was after our little fiasco.

Baxter was in a cranky mood Saturday, so Sunday AM, I decided to open the bottom half of the kitchen window for him. He laid in it all morning. Brian and the girls left and then an hour later, we were ready to leave. I went in the kitchen for something and asked Brandon if he saw Baxter. He said no. I looked to the window to see if he was laying there and the screen was pushed out. I didn't think anything of it because, well, I don't know why. Then I realized Brandon said he didn't see Baxter, and Baxter wasn't coming running so I opened the front door and there was no Baxter. No where. I started calling his name and I couldn't find him. Surprisingly I didn't freak out. I knew he had claws so he could fight if he needed to. I prayed he didn't end up in traffic, and I know he loves me to death so he'd have to come home. :) I was more indecisive about what I should do....look for the cat or take Brandon on our day trip. Just when I was about to give up on the cat, I called his name one more time and he jumped out of the bushes. He sat on the neighbors porch and started pawing at their storm door. Then started the chase between he and I. He being smaller and faster was able to maneuver through bushes and weeds while I just looked like a jackass to my neighbors across the street chasing after something that no one can even see. I left the front door open, so Baxter finally got back inside on his own. Ugh, that cat will be the death of me---remember the episode where I thought I lost him in the air duct while I was painting.

Back to our day. In the middle of my cat search drama, I forgot to grab my wallet. So after we drove 25 minutes up to the Putt Putt place, I had no money. Luckily Brian was 10 minutes away so we met so he could give me some cash. Brandon and I finally played our game, in which he beat me. He played some arcade games and after that we had a phenomenal lunch at the Chinese buffet. Brandon picked it, I would have chosen a lovely salad bar or something. Ha. He did in fact pick it and it was delicious. (That was his second choice. His first choice was Bonefish Grill. What six year old picks that? When I was six, I would have picked Burger King or Zack Periwinkle's. That was our Chuck E. Cheese.) We both were so full afterwards and I don't think we really ate all that much. We headed home after lunch and Brian took the kids home. The rest of our day consisted of a nap, the Olympics, and a little bit of studying. Overall it was a very nice weekend.

Today, though, is an ugly Monday. Ugh, so much stuff to get done. We are working on it all and have been fairly productive thus far. We're trying to make it to the pool today, so I guess that is the motivation to get stuff done early.

I know I've posted and a few other people have posted about their skin breaking out. I've had a lot of issues with it over the past few months. I decided to invest in Clinique's Acne Solutions and its wonderful. I started using it 3 or 4 days ago and its wonderful. In just that little bit of time, I can tell a HUGE difference. It was a little expensive ($32 for 4-6 weeks work of product) but in my book, its totally worth it. That was the smaller size package. I didn't want to spend $50-60 on the stuff if I didn't know if it was going to work. But it seems to be working. Along with starting the face wash stuff, I started buying their makeup again. I definitely think its worth it. Its a little more expensive, but in reality its probably not as much as all the crap I've bought and never used. At least I know this stuff matches my face. Look into it, you might be surprised. I was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend.....

I also spend some money on makeup its totally worth it.

Holly said...

Bastard cat...

Glad you guys had a good weekend, minus the few mishaps. Love me some Clinique products. Have used the 3-step cleaning products since 9th grade. It rocks.