Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The excitement for today.

I think after many months of searching, I've found my "thing." And, I'm a little embarrassed to say what it is. Snood. Its this puzzle game online and its addicting. I shouldn't say its just Snood. At work yesterday, bored out of our minds, my partner and I found all kinds of games to help me become completely mindless and assist in any procrastination that needs to take place.

There was a big event in the neighborhood today. The neighbors house caught on fire. There's a firehouse less than a 1/2 mile down the street, so we always hear sirens going by our development. Today, they were particularly loud. I, being a smart ass, told Brian, who's ears were perking up to them, they were parking in our back yard. He yelled in from the patio, "yeah, they are, the neighbors house is on fire." Yeah right. That was til I went out and saw black smoke coming out their front door. We turned into those people we hate while we are working. We stood and gawked and watched the firemen run around and do what they do. Brian was critiquing them and trying to explain equipment to me. I was out there wishing I changed my shirt from what I was wearing when I went to bed this morning. (The fire happened minutes after we woke up from our nap.) I was wearing a Sinai Emergency Department EMS week t-shirt that I bought at Goodwill for $1.50. Brian had to point that out for me. I do have to say, to stand and watch a fire, it was great weather. The only place I'd rather be is at the pool. The fire was put out quickly and Brian went over to offer any clean up help this evening. They said they are getting it professionally cleaned tomorrow. Thankfully they didn't lose their house.

Other than that excitement, we've had an uneventful day. I went to the eye doctor which I've been postponing for way too long. I think my doctors a little weird, but he tries very hard to be personable. I'm impressed that for seeing me once a year, he always remembers my job and asks specific stuff about where I'm stationed. And as I sit down he always says he likes my hair. I'm starting to think he says that to everyone. The only other person I know that goes there is Brian and he isn't really sporting any hair to be complimented on.

Ok, its movie night tonight. I can't even remember what movie we are watching, but I hope its good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when Brian was younger and always liked showing up at the scene of fires. Do you know what caused it? Thankfully, nobody lost their life or was injured.

Christy said...

Squirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly said...

That is AWESOME!!! I totally can picture you two standing on the patio discussing the events. HAHA... Speaking of the patio, is it finished???

Amy Anderson said...

Chris used to play Snood all the time. You're both weird.