Friday, August 8, 2008

I rock.

I have been so on plan its not even funny. I did finally break down and let Brian take my "before" pictures. I told him I'm not posting them on here until I feel all better about myself and will be proud of my weight loss accomplishments. We decided the best thing was to take them in a bathing suit. The more I think about it, I'm sure Brian had different reasons for that than I, but whatever. I wanted to see how my body actually changes during this process. I just pray to God there are changes!!!

I love the water weight you lose when you start a new meal plan. I have no idea what the scale says but I've been peeing like a race horse. This is the first time in MONTHS that my big girl uniform pants have been baggy. I'm very, very okay with that. Its bad enough to be at work for 24 hours, but to be in sausage casings made of navy polyester...yeah, not good. Add the DC heat and humidity. I might just catch myself on fire from friction.

We are going out to an outdoor concert tonight. We've been talking about it forever, but tonight we're really going to do it. Its free and right down the street from the house. Tomorrow we are going to meet Laura and Blaze in Baltimore's Little Italy for dinner. I can't wait. I love the food there. I just hope between tonight and tomorrow I remember to keep myself on track.

My new fascination? Raccoons. I feel like I've been at work way too much over the past week. (I'm currently on my 34th hour straight as I type this.) Anyway, outside our bay is a dumpster. And the other night I saw a raccoon trying to get himself a little dinner. Then there were two baby raccoons trying to do the same, but they were too short to jump inside the dumpster. It wasn't for a lack of trying. Their little legs were kicking....oh, I'm a sucker to an animal with fur. So, anyway, I was all excited the other night because these 3 raccoons are sitting out back munching on some Popeye's chicken and Ledo's pizza when this way too skinny ghetto cat rolls up. I felt like I was watching live Animal Planet. The cat zones in on the raccoon family and starts to stalk them. I know Bastard Cat does that to me all the time, so I was hopeful there would be a fight. Not because I want to see animals get hurt, but because I want to see what cats do in nature, not what my cat does because someone in white socks just walked by. So kitty sneaks up and gets nose to nose with the raccoon. I don't know if they had some sort of silent conversation, but the cat just looked to the left then high-tailed it out of there. I'm was so disappointed. No fight. I've only seen one raccoon since. Everyone thinks I'm making it up, I think. I think I just need to go home. My entertainment is raccoons. I do have to say part of me wants to go pick it up and give it a hug, but they probably smell bad and I'm mildy afraid it will latch onto my leg and gnaw on it for a while.

I guess I've procrastinated enough. I need to get back to studying. Studying for this promotional test sucks. I feel like I've studied so much but the other part of me feels like I know nothing at all. I asked Brian for a few study dates. We'll see how that goes. Last time I asked him a question we ended up in fight with lots of expletives being said. Ha, it gave us something to talk about at the counselors though. Guess we have to continue working on that communications stuff.

No comments: