Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wedding bells are ringing

I just found out an hour ago my sister is getting married. On August 30th. This year. This month.

They were supposed to get married next July. Things were getting prepared and I thought were right on track. Apparently it wasn't and stuff was getting stressful, so they decided to cancel the wedding. Not the marriage, just the wedding. I knew they wanted to get married soon with a much scaled down event, but I wasn't sure how soon. I gave my parents house a call this morning and found out August 3oth is the big day. That, of course, falls on my hell weekend which means I have to work 11pm Friday until 3pm Saturday then Sunday for 24 hours. Not that its an easy shift to fill, its especially not easy on Labor Day weekend. Wish me luck.

Oh, BTW, anyone in the market for a David's Bridal terracotta colored dress? It will be new and here on Sept 1st. I can't even get my moneys' worth out of it and wear it to the wedding. How ironic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW................. That's fast and exciting and WOW..............

Anonymous said...

If your dress will still be appropriate to wear to the wedding, why not call David's Bridal and ask if they can get it in a bit sooner for you?