Thursday, July 17, 2008

We hate it.

The new patio, that is. We are very disappointed. I got home last night to find some hidious pattern played out with our bluestone. Brian called the company this morning to tell them we were unhappy. They agreed and said they were about to talk to the workers this morning about pulling up the bluestone, putting down the appropriate sand and then relaying the bluestone in a more appeasing pattern. I left early this morning to go to doctors appointments and when I saw Brian this afternoon he said it was looking good. That was til I got home around 430 tonight. I didn't even make it in the house when Brian told me it looked like shit. Ugh. I peeked out back. Its horrible. The good pattern stopped about 1/4 of the way thru and then it seems like they just picked pieces of stone to go together and cut slivers to fill in the gaps. The tiles are so uneven that the new patio is 10 times worse than it was to begin with, which was one of the major reasons we were getting the patio redone to begin with. Again, Brian was on the phone with the company owner and he's now on his way down here from Harrisburg for a special visit. I'm very annoyed. We printed out a picture of a good bluestone patio from the Internet hoping to remind them of what we are looking for.

In other news, I finally got a prescription for some sleep medicine. I take it for the first time tonight, so we'll see how it goes. My hopes are up high, although I'm a little nervous. I have to work tomorrow so I don't want to be overly sleepy tomorrow if the medicine doesn't wear off in time.

2 comments:

Paul said...

That sounds liek a very frustrating experience. I hope it all gets worked out quickly and without too much more hassle.

Amy Anderson said...

Post a pic of the ugly patio so we can see!