Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just a few gripes....

Ok, I'm not technically complaining, but I do have a few gripes.

1. Insurance companies suck. Well, not all the time, like when they pay my bills, but I totally understand why people call 911 to wake me up at 2am to treat their dying asses. So, I nearly had to jump through circus hoops today just to get a CT to show that I need this surgery. The CT that the doctor said is a necessity for the surgery, but anyone can see with their naked eye I need the surgery. You almost have to quit your full time job just to sit and make time to talk to these people. They were nice enough, don't get me wrong, but the elevator music gets old. Same with the bank. I sat on hold with them forever and a day today. At least the nice lady I talked to from New Mexico made some attempt at small talk with me. She was better than the other guy who just kept saying, "still searching...." like I thought he put me on hold so he could play cards.

2. I'm not going to get real into it but there's nothing like getting your hopes up at work for raises and retro money (especially when you have plans made with that money) to then have them potentially smooshed like a bug because someone wants to re-negotiate to "save" money. Couldn't that have been thought out months ago? I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm bitching about potentially not getting more money while others are out there getting laid off with no money. I guess I really should thank my lucky stars and realize that missing out on a trip and a few dinners out really isn't that bad in the big scheme of things.

3. I miss eating out. Sort of. Brian and I, like the rest of the country, have to cut back on our spending. Gas is crazy, groceries are going up, yet we're still eating out like crazy. I put our spending last month in Quicken and its crazy how much money we spent eating out. This week we haven't eaten out at all (except one meal at work on Sunday) and its actually been enjoyable. We've had leftovers for lunch and I think overall we've eaten much healthier. How ironic would it be if I ended up meeting some WW goal while off WW? Deep down I still miss eating out but I think its more because we "can't." (Or so we're telling ourselves.)

4. Not a gripe....actually this is one is positive. Brian and I went for a walk two nights in a row and I really enjoy it. I'm not sure if he does. His poor precious girly feet got a blister or something tonight, but I really enjoyed that time together. It was relaxing. Makes me think that if we ever got a dog, we'd actually walk it.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I know telling myself "I can't" is a sure way of wanting it badly!

The Outlaw Firefighter said...

Eating out!! That all I seem to be doing now. Its hard to cook for just 1 person. The single life sucks!

I can relate with you though!!